Riverside Boutique Resort Vang Vieng
Hotel Address : Ban Viengkeo, PO Box 360, Vang Vieng, Vientiane Province, Lao PDR
Description of Riverside Boutique Resort Vang Vieng
Located on the banks of the Nam Song River, next to a small wooden bridge, the Riverside Boutique Resort Vang Vieng is a luxury hotel organized around a central swimming pool. Its thirty-four rooms and suites, as well as the restaurant and the bar, offer stunning views over the limestone mountains of Vang Vieng.
About Vang Vieng
Located mid-way between Luang Prabang and Vientiane, Vang Vieng is both an ideal stop-over for tourists travelling between the two cities and an attractive weekend getaway for city residents.
At an altitude of about 300 meters, the temperature there is a bit cooler than in Vientiane, warm in the day to cool at night in winter (Dec-Feb).
While many visitors to Laos are initially attracted by the UNESCO heritage city of Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng captures best the natural beauty of the country. With its breath-taking views of rock and limestone mountains, caves and rock outcrops overhanging the Nam Song River, it offers unique sceneries and a range of outdoor activities. Consult the Vang Vieng Tourist Information Center Panels and the Tourist Map of Vang Vieng for more information.
What to do
Vang Vieng has plenty to offer – river tubing, kayaking, rafting, caving, trekking to mountains and waterfalls, mountain biking, rock climbing, ballooning, off-road trike riding and swimming – the choice keeps locals and foreign residents coming back for more.
In partnership with Green Discovery and the Organic Farm, the Riverside Boutique Resort is currently offering five activities to its guests and visitors:
1. Exploring Vang Vieng on a bike (full day) – this moderate cycling tour, covering around 25 km in one full day is designed for active people who would like to explore the beautiful surroundings of Vang Vieng.
2. Boating and hiking around Vang Vieng (half day) – this tour will take you on a boat up the Nam Song River to the Organic Farm and a Hmong village. It provides ample time to relax at a waterfall.
3. Kayaking on the Nam Song (half day) – this tour will take you kayaking on the Nam Song River, surrounded by rugged karsts and beautiful rural scenery, and exploring amazing limestone caves.
4. Kayaking on the Nam Lik (full day) – for those who are looking for an exciting day, this trip offers a good adventure on one of the most scenic rivers in northern Laos.
5. Cooking class at Organic Farm (half day) – This activity is for anyone who wants to discover Lao cooking and learn how Lao people use natural materials and traditional methods for growing their crops and raising their animals.