Mai Chau Ecoldoge is a green resort situated in the charming scenery of the mountains and forests of Mai Chau, Hoa Binh Province. It is developed according to the orientation of green and sustainable tourism, conserving and promoting the traditional local culture. In addition, it also encourages visitors to not only experience, but also join activities to support the development and building community of the local.
Operating in the model of a Ecolodge (Eco Resort), Mai Chau Ecolodge has identified the elements needed to create a true eco-tourism zone, which involves 4 elements: being close to the nature, protecting the ecology, preserving and developing culture, tourism associates with the community.
This resort is located on the center hill named Poom Pu in Mai Chau valley, about 135 km from the capital of Hanoi to the northwest. This is a new destination for tourists who love the fresh, quiet natural space by the attraction is surrounded by the green of the northwestern mountains. The total area of this resort is nearly 2 ha planned suitably with 21 independent bungalows (43 rooms), built to replicate the architecture of ancient Thai stilt houses with rustic but no less subtle decorative details.
Most of the materials used to build the resort are taken from the local, and then created close to nature. The ceiling is made of Loi trees, a forest tree species appearing only in Mai Chau and Moc Chau (Son La). Loi trees, after being cut down, will be dried and weaved into layers to build the ceiling. Roofs are covered by palm leaves in the style of Thai people. Bathtubs are made of jackfruit wood, which is resistant to water and are designed by professional workers. The lighting system is produced by the solar energy system. The resort’s waste water are treated to ensure the standard safety before being discharged into the environment.
Coming to Mai Chau Ecolodge, visitors will rest, relax using the services of ecological garden; taking part in walking tours, hiking, biking, visiting the villages; or simply take a dip in the pool on top of the hills and watch the clouds that hover the rolling slopes. Here, visitors can admire paintings of valleys looming the figure of people who are transplanting, planting maize or perceive life from a private garden, the quietness in each separate bungalow.
In the evening, the cultural shows such as Khèn (pan- pipe) dance, Thai dance, Sạp (bamboo pole dance), enjoy free wine… take place. These evening activities in Mai Chau Ecolodge will help visitors have opportunities understand more about the unique culture of Thai people through dances praising nature, love and human.
In addition, guests will enjoy a variety of culinary flavor characteristics of the Northwest such as sweet rice, wine, bitter bamboo shoots, bamboo- tube rice, … Those who once come here are not avoid being impressed by seductive flavor of the dishes with bold features of the region, prepared by the skillful hands of local people.
- Yangon – Bago 3 Days
- Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay 4 Days
- Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay – Inle Lake 5 Days
- Yangon – Bago – Kyaikhto Bagan – Inle Lake – Mandalay 6 Days
- Sightseeing Must See in Myanmar 8 Days
- Top 10 Destinations in Vietnam in 2017
- Cheap Tourist Destinations in Northern Vietnam for Summer Vacation
- Camping and Listening to Live Music on the Coast of Trieu Duong Bay
- Experiencing Unique Culture in Tay Bac
- Take a Weekend Trip to Hon Ong Island, Khanh Hoa
Vietnam Cambodia Tours
- Tour Vietnam and Angkor Wat Tour 11 Days
- Vietnam and Cambodia Honeymoon 14 Days
- Package Tour Vietnam and Cambodia 9 Days
- Sights Must See in Vietnam and Cambodia 6 Days
- Tour Explore Southern Vietnam and Cambodia 9 Days
- Top Tour Vietnam and Cambodia 10 Days
- Family Trip to Vietnam and Cambodia 14 Days
- Tour Discover Vietnam and Cambodia 19 Days
- Tour from Hanoi to Angkor Wat 11 Days
- Tour Vietnam and Angkor Wat 11 Days