With the perfect combination of mountains, islands and lakes, Thung Nai has a poetic beauty and bring tourists with relaxed moments.
Thung Nai, in recent years, has been become a familiar destination at weekend of the lovers of peace, avoiding the noisy, smoke and dust. Being a commune in Cao Phong district, Hoa Binh Province, Thung Nai is located in the Da River Reservoir, 25 km from the city center and about 110 km from Hanoi.
The name of Thung Nai make many people think of a valley with roaming deer. According to local residents, Thung Nai used to be inhabited by many species of deer. Poetic images of the bewildered deer in the afternoon sun on the slopes reflected on Da river was used to name this land by local people.
Today, coming to Thung Nai, we can not see forest deer, but poetic, romantic beauty of the mountains, the river here seems to be completely original. To discover this “valley of yellow deer ” the only way is to travel by boat or on foot. Leaving the car on the bank, taking a motorboat, visitors will take part in a tour on the hydropower reservoir.
In the cool wind blowing from the lake, the picturesque scenery of Thung Nai appears in front of the visitors. A large lake is surrounded by majestic mountains. In the lake, hundreds of large and small ” islands” undulate as the spectacular natural masterpieces. Floating on the water, you will feel like you are travelling on a “Ha Long Bay on land”.
Being the perfect combination of lakes and rocks, Thac Bo cave is the destination not to be missed in Thung Nai. The cave is located deep inside the mountain and quite wild, but the inside scenery is extremely beautiful. The “forest” of stalactites grow from the ground and fall down from the ceiling with strange shapes. After rising water season, visitors can enjoy the fish swimming around in shallow, clear water.
An interesting thing here is that when the Black River is shallow, visitors have to climb up the stone steps, and therefore people sometimes get tired or falter. However, in flooding season, water rises and covers the steps, tourists can visit Thac Bo temple near Thac Bo cave by boat. If you go on Sunday, do not forget to visit Thac Bo floating market. The market is not too noisy or crowded, but it is the typical culture of Muong people in Thung Nai.
Following the journey of the boat, you will encounter a tall windmill on the small island which attracts anyone’s gaze passing by. This is like the call of holiday cottages in the middle of the lake. Therefore, even travelling within a day or stay overnight, most tourists coming to Thung Nai want to visit this small island to see firsthand the windmill which seems to be only in the Netherlands, or in the famous novel “Don Quixote – the talented nobleman in Manta”.
Not only fancy, the windmill here also owns the beautiful location to see the sight. From here, you can freely zoom your eyes, capture the whole ink painting picture of Thung Nai in sight. If visiting the windmill in the early morning, you will find Thung Nai engulfed in mist, when the sun rises, the clear blue lake is sparkling with yellow of the sunlight.
In addition to unspoiled natural scenery, the special feasts of Muong people have become highlights of Thung Nai. They are the fish caught from spring, chicken raised in hills and wild vegetables….
- Yangon – Bago 3 Days
- Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay 4 Days
- Yangon – Bagan – Mandalay – Inle Lake 5 Days
- Yangon – Bago – Kyaikhto Bagan – Inle Lake – Mandalay 6 Days
- Sightseeing Must See in Myanmar 8 Days
- Top 10 Destinations in Vietnam in 2017
- Cheap Tourist Destinations in Northern Vietnam for Summer Vacation
- Camping and Listening to Live Music on the Coast of Trieu Duong Bay
- Experiencing Unique Culture in Tay Bac
- Take a Weekend Trip to Hon Ong Island, Khanh Hoa
Vietnam Cambodia Tours
- Package Tour Vietnam and Cambodia 9 Days
- Throughout Southern Vietnam and Cambodia 8 Days
- Vietnam and Cambodia Honeymoon 14 Days
- Tour Vietnam and Angkor Wat 11 Days
- Sights Must See in Vietnam and Cambodia 6 Days
- Tour from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City 10 Days
- Tour Vietnam and Angkor Wat Tour 11 Days
- Family Trip to Vietnam and Cambodia 14 Days
- Cruise Trip Phnom Penh and Siem Reap 3 Days
- Luxury Tour Vietnam and Cambodia 10 Days